Jim,

I cheerfully concede that one is free to view the universe or any of its
subcomponents through an astoundingly large variety of frames of reference
(FOR).  Whichever FOR best gets a person through the day is the one that
should be used.  As a not-so-extreme example, an acquaintance of mine has
adopted a particular FOR that allows him to believe with every fiber in his
being that the Mountain Meadows
Massacre<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre>of
September, 1857 (an event that occurred well within the annals of
recorded history) was perpetrated by American Indians.

Myself, I prefer to us a FOR that requires the minimum of force-fitting to
help me get my job done.  However, those of you out there who have this
apparent burning desire to see taxonomy structure as the frame of reference
which will provide the guiding light into the magical mystery wonderland of
successful ABM design,  go for it!

Myself, I don't see much traction there.  But, on the other hand, I believe
the Mountain Meadows Massacre was on Mormons by other Mormons.  Go figure.

--Doug