Actually Russ, the factcheck answers are not complete and shift the argument.

The salary collection point is pointless - of course Congress critters only
collect a salary while in office.

factcheck is correct about the Social Security contributions.  This happened
with the change-over from the Civil Service Retirement System to the Federal
Employee Retirement System.

The factcheck article sidesteps the retirement point by shifting the argument
to whether ordinary citizens contribute to their own pensions.  Currently,
Congress is covered under the Federal Employee's Retirement Act, which is quite
generous in it's pension guarantees (and costing the taxpayer quite a large
percentage of the budget for all the retired federal employees).  No matter how
one shifts the argument, the fact is that Federal employees have generous
pension plans - Congress-critters or not.  Federal employees fall into the top
25% of workers when it comes to retirement benefits.

As factcheck points out, Congress has voted themselves an automatic pay raise
unless they vote to decline it.  They have voted it down the last two years.
The process is based on cost of living in DC, which is a somewhat circular
process, and started after the base salary had been increased to a point high
enough that public criticism forced Congress to act.  Basically, they had voted
themselves such high salaries that the public objected - so they started from
those high salaries and kept adjusting them up, automatically, in response to
the high cost of living in DC.

The health care issue is a non-issue with the understanding that Federal
employee health-care benefits are much better than the average American worker.

factcheck is correct that Congress has grudgingly made themselves subject to
the same labor and employment laws as the rest of the country - that process is
still incomplete.  However, Congress critters have not been subjected to
insider trading laws - which raises the valid point of whether any laws which
are strictly enforced on the rest of us can be enforced on the people holding
the purse strings of the enforcers.

To answer the corporation point - I, personally, believe that corporations
should not be legally defined as persons - the shareholders are persons.  I
also believe that the answer to campaign reform is to limit contributions and
discourse (i.e. union and corporate PAC ads) to those eligible to vote in an
election.  I would place no limit on the amount of contribution and allow
contributions funneled through voters from others - but those funds would be
considered income.  Also, no entity funneling money through a voter could
contract with them to do so - thus, they had better trust their "contributors".