Both keyboards and pencils are part of our extended phenotype and play
(multiple) roles in interoception, including the induction of
inter-subjectivity. I've forgotten who it is, but there's someone on this list
who *listens* to our posts, rather than reads them. I tried that with a blog
post this morning during my mobility routine:

https://www.emilkirkegaard.com/p/preferences-can-be-sick-mental-illness

<tangent>
Then because I had an allergic reaction to what I heard, I *read* it later. Listening to it disgusted me. I came away thinking
this Kirkegaard dude's akin to a scientific racist ... or maybe a eugenecist. I admit to being a fan of Thomas Szasz back in the
day. (A friend's mom actually dated him at some point ... allegedly.) But at this point, I've been infected by the Woke Mind
Virus; and it's difficult to stomach phrases like "strict homosexuality is more disordered than bisexuality." Reading
it, however, helped me remember that maladaption is part and parcel of adaption. Disorder is part and parcel of order. The
"mal" and "dis" prefixes are nothing but value-laden subjectivity. The goo of reality extruded through the
mold of the author/thinker/subject. For someone like Kirkegaard to claim they're being "objective" while using the
"mal" prefix is not even wrong. It's just bullshit. Apparently, my Woke Virus infection is worse near my ears than near
my eyes.
</tangent>

But the point is that *which* extended trait you use (pencil, audio, text,
etc.) chooses which interoceptive cycle you engage. And when you pretend to
make such a choice on purpose, at will, any assignation of fault would be
transitive. Which wolf do you feed?