One of the things we could easily try is cumulative, iterative prompting,
particularly with some of the lower scoring responses. Dreams are nothing but
lower scoring responses, right? While you're sleeping, your
evaluation/selection mechanism is inhibited, which allows you to invest a
little more in the total bullshit your own next-token generator generates. So
for, say ChatGPT to dream, it simply needs instructions, including higher
temperatures, to be less critical of its own responses. It would be annoying to
try to do it with the web interface, but trivial to do with the API. The hidden
pre-prompt could be engineered such that the n+1 prompt is a (algorithmic or
random) composition of the, say, 10 responses to the nth prompt. Etc. This
would be akin to dreaming, I think. At the end of however many iterations, you
wake it up and write the highest scoring result down in its dream journal.

Maybe I'll try that with Falcon. I can't divert my OAI budget to it.