On the subject of cognitive dissonance, and working for large research
institutions

   https://people.idsia.ch/~juergen/ai-priority-disputes.html

in which Jürgen Schmidhuber complains that LeCun, Bengio, and Hinton claim
to have invented modern AI when they were actually mostly reinventing,
improving, and reimplementing 30 year old work from Schmidhuber's lab on
faster hardware, without crediting any of the prior work.

-- rec --