Of Bannon, and Biospheres and Barking Arks....

FWIW, John Allen, as  the creative force behind Biosphere II founded Synergia Ranch just outside Santa Fe in 1969 as part of a counter-culture movement.  A satellite version was established outside Oracle AZ soon after which became the site and precursor to Biosphere II.   I believe Allen may still reside at Synergia-NM with some other "elders" of the movement over the years.

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P._Allen

as a young(er) man even he was a significant part of:

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theater_of_All_Possibilities

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_Ecotechnics

I think it was discussed here the film Spaceship_Earth_(film) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaceship_Earth_(film)> when it came out in 2020 on all things related and I also think Stephen G.  visited Synergia about that time?  Has a contact there?

For more background: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosphere_2... for morbid entertainment, note that *Steve Bannon* (yes that one) was instrumental in the second attempt (and rapid crash) made there to force the concept to work in spite of itself.

<RambleTangent>

The 60's EcoTechnics institute's flagship project was the handbuilt research vessel Heraclitus which has sailed every ocean (except artic) and visited every continent (including Antarctic).

   https://www.factum-arte.com/pag/643/rebuilding-the-heraclitus-vessel

with ocean going vessels something of a "biosphere" excepting the air you breathe and the fish you might catch being the main inputs. maybe rainwater caught or saltwater distilled, some solar/wind/water energy captured.

<RambleTangent#2>

I only know (some) of this because of the "friends of SFx" colleagues in Wales Matt and Janire did a big project to document a contemporary project "early in its voyages" called the Arka Kinari...  A bit more arts/social, less research but "of the spirit".  They were in the middle of the Pacific when COVID hit and had to play self-sufficient for months until they could find a moorage that would allow them in.   They were (mostly) prepared.

https://openexhibits.org/exhibit-design/ghosts-in-armour-at-santa-fe-complex/4863/

   https://www.cultvr.cymru/events/the-voyage-of-arka-kinari-documentary-film-2/

Matt and Janire are the heavy lifters onn the project to convert 1 of 4 theaters in Los Alamos to an Immersive Space.   Guerin and I are involved in various capacities...  this is a redux of the project I left LANL 16 years ago (building an immersive theater/facility in the community outside the fence) which failed for non-technical reasons.  I'd be the heavy lifter myself if I could lift anything heavy....   buh!   But it is good to watch it (finally) bear fruit or blossom or whatever the metaphor is...

   https://sala.losalamos.com/phase2/

will the free associative rambling never stop? </RambleStop>