To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2014 8:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] New games for windows not being produced any more?

Hi Dark,

Well, it is certainly true the cost of most Sapi voices have gone down
in price. Most are reasonably priced about $30 to $45 USD which is
well within a person's budget. At least most of the time.

However, I disagree about Microsoft Mike, Mary, and Sam. In my opinion
those are some of the absolutely worst voices on the market, and I am
personally glad Microsoft finally discontinued them. The voices on
Windows 8 are much more human sounding, and are almost as good as the
Vocalizer voices. Even if someone doesn't want to upgrade to Windows 8
there are much better voices available for XP than the default
Microsoft Sapi voices, and I can't really blame anyone for hating Sapi
if all they have is the garbage voices like Mike, Mary, and Sam. I
think if I were in that situation I'd take Eloquence over something
like Mike or Sam myself.

Cheers!