One of the ideas I have been playing with.... A spin off of my work on
back annotation.

I am finishing off a temporary program "backnet" which loads and runs a
scheme script at the start to read in a netlist and another to read in
an eco file it builds a page with component and pins from the netlist
then it runs one of the standard scheme netlist scripts to write an
updated netlist.

As I said I consider this to be a temporary implementation until I
finish modifying gschem to get the schematics to hold the eco changes.

The point being though... that having a scripting fron end for importing
files would be a first step in importing other file formats.

Steve Meier