On Tuesday 08 May 2007, al davis wrote:
> > Of course you'd have to reconcile the licensing agreements
> > of Si2 (keepers of the OpenAccess code) versus the GPL...
>
> Their license is deliberately incompatible with GPL.  Very
> incompatible.

Let me clarify ..  It has been a long time since I read it.  As
I recall, it is a closed-club license.  Members of the club get
to use it any way they want, and get the right to make and sell
proprietary derivative works.  Non-members can only use it by
buying a product from one of the members, and do not get
source.

It is not in our best interest to join the club, but it might
make sense to have an affiliate that is a member that can
provide an interface.  The interface will probably need to be
distributed without source.