On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 13:51, Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello IPMC,
>>
>> The Subversion podling would like a waiver of the requirement to make
>> a release before graduation.
>>
>> As we understand this requirement, it is present in order to
>> demonstrate to the podling how releases are made at the ASF.
>> Packaging, licensing, signing, placement into the distrubtion/mirror
>> system, announcements, among others[1]. We believe that the Subversion
>> community already has a deep understanding of the Apache release
>> model, based on the following qualifications of several of its
>> committers/mentors:
>>

> Should we hold this vote to actually graduation time ? Would it be
> better to spend some of these debating energy to actually setup the
> Subversion podling into the Apache infrastructure, as currently I see
> no mailing lists, svn code import, etc... create the proper Apache
> user accounts for the several new committers, etc and maybe still give
> a chance to add new contributors... before worrying about this...

We're three days into incubation. Votes are still running on the form
for the repository, which bug tracker, mailing list migration, etc.
While that discussion/voting is running, I can deal with some of these
other issues dealing with graduation.

ICLAs are arriving, the repos should be imported within a couple
weeks, and account requests will go out in bulk before then.

I'm simply trying to parallelize the many tasks.

Cheers,
-g