Sam,

For Xalan and Cocoon, All the committers are actively working on just the latest cvs
trees (Xalan2
and Cocoon2). Do we really want to get into the same sitaution as we have with
Xerces1/Xerces2/Crimson? One project am really happy with the way it came about is the
Batik. See
http://xml.apache.org/batik/faqs.html#faq-7 for how the initial implementation was a
merger of
different code bases from different sources. Am sure there were growing pains....But
look at the
result.

I definitely want the Axis Developers to chime-in with a proposal/ideas/suggestions on
how we can
proceed. I really love the idea that we can "Stealing heavily from both code bases to
create the
best product in the marketplace". This is a great oppurtunity. Let us do it right.

Thanks,
dims

=====