More background: As Sam said earlier, two Systinet (formerly Idoox)
developers are committers on the Apache SOAP projects. The reason we elected
to go off and develop a separate code base was purely for timing reasons. We
wanted to release production-ready products as quickly as possible. We
didn't think that Apache SOAP would serve our purposes, and we didn't think
we could wait for Axis. So we designed our own. We released our SOAP stack
in September, and we're building additional products based on that
implementation.

But we're not tied to our own SOAP stack. We designed the WASP product line
to be SOAP stack-agnostic. We are prepared to rip our SOAP stack out and
replace it with another SOAP stack if/when appropriate.

We think it's pointless to fight over a SOAP stack. The SOAP stack should be
a part of the underlying fabric. What's important is that there is one, and
the one that's there is reliable, performant, feature-rich, flexible, and
extensible. Our primary goal is to get a really strong, pervasive SOAP stack
that fully supports JAXM, JAX/RPC, a complete implementation of SOAP Section
5, support for SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2, pluggable transport protocols, etc.

I think it's a good idea that we formalize a plan to integrate the code
bases.

Anne