On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 09:41 +0200, Wernfried Haas wrote:
> So the way i read it devrel would like to do something if requested,
> but isn't supposed to enforce the CoC, nor has the authority?

Considering that the Code of Conduct is a subset of the regular Gentoo
developer policies that Developer Relations already enforces, I would
say that they are definitely enforcing the CoC and have the authority.
What DevRel currently doesn't have is authority to exercise over users,
rather than just developers.  Basically, we're back to where we were
before we had the Proctors, except we have a more succinct document on
what is expected behavior.  There are several proposals out now (you've
seen the enormous thread, I'm sure) dealing with possible alternative
solutions to the Proctors.  One of them will likely be implemented some
time soon.  We'll just have to wait and see.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead