On Sunday 09 August 2009, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> In the wake of bug #279260 that continues to break the ISO builds,
> I've restructured the symlinks under releases/$ARCH.
>
> Previously with autobuilds, we only have one symlink, current/, at
> the same level as autobuilds.
>
> Now there are two [1] convenience symlinks, pointing to symlinks of
> the same name inside the autobuilds directory.
>
> Inside the autobuilds directory we have:
> - one or more YYYYMMDD directories
> - current-iso symlink to actual date.
> - current-stage3 symlink to actual date.
> - latest-iso.txt
> - latest-stage3.txt
>
> If a spin fails to generate an ISO or stage3, that won't be
> considered for updating the symlink.
>
> Example for x86:
> ================
> The last successful spin with an ISO was 20090623. The last spin for
> stage3 was 20090804.
> current-iso -> 20090623
> current-stage3 -> 20090804

Why not flip the directory structure around and handle it similar to
what we do with the portage snapshots on the mirror?

At each architecture directory, have one "iso" and one "stage3"
or "stages" directory, and put the autobuilds in there. Their filenames
make them easy to sort and we can have one "latest" symlink for each
set of files.

Robert