Hi Christian, the guide back in 2008 and it's ok for the OpenRC stuff, but for
the network part.

maybe we could add some examples from this thread :
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-796647-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-openrc-start-0.html

my $0.02
Sylvain

> Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 00:03:52 +0100
> From: christ...@bricart.de
> To: gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org
> Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] openrc stabilization todo
>
> Joshua Saddler schrieb:
> > On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 02:44:47 +0000
> > Sylvain Alain <d2_rac...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi everyone,  I think that the best should be to release a migration guide
> >> just before the official release and also a news on the first page of
> >> Gentoo.org
> >
> > You really should have checked our doc repo before sending your mail:
> >
> > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
> >
> > I, Cardoe, and Uberlord wrote it back in April 2008[1].
> >
> > [1]
> > http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo/xml/htdocs/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
>
> mentioning possible migration issues and pointing at the docs above:
>
> (AFAIK the only) documentation handling networking migration states:
>
> +--
> | Also, /etc/conf.d/net no longer uses bash-style arrays for
> | configuration.
> | Please review /usr/share/doc/openrc-<version>/net.example
> | for configuration instructions. Conversion should be relatively
> | straight-forward, for example a static IP assignment would change
> | as follows:
> +--
> (and no - more complex examples are *not* described
>  in /u/s/d/o/net.example as stated..)
>
> Apart from that, the newnet file will be /etc/conf.d/network ..
>
> Regarding USE=-oldnet migrations, that are actually *using* oldnet Bash
> arrays within /etc/conf.d/net (like me) are left alone and not even
> Funtoo has a porting guide..
>
> my $0.02
>   Christian

Windows Live: Friends get your Flickr, Yelp, and Digg updates when they e-mail
you.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9691817