On 3/4/10 7:22 PM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
> Setting Python 3.1 as main active version of Python is currently unsupported.
> When it will change, a separate news item will be created to notify users.

I'd suggest s/users/you

> 'eselect python COMMAND --python3 [ARGUMENTS]' can be used to manage
> configuration of active version of Python 3.

I'm confused by the above paragraph. I had to spend a longer while to
see that it really means "if you want to use eselect-python to manage
your python3 configuration, pass the --python3 switch". Before that I
wondered what is the meaning of COMMAND and ARGUMENTS. Would be nice to
make it more clear.

> Although Python 3.1 should not be set as main active version of Python, users
> should run python-updater after installation of Python 3.1. By default,

Again, IMHO s/users/you, or "please run".

> It is recommended to use a UTF-8 locale to avoid potential problems.
> Especially

Link to the UTF-8 guide please?

> C and POSIX locales are discouraged. If locale has not been explicitly set,
> then POSIX locale is used, so users should explicitly set locale. Problems

I'd suggest s/users/you, or maybe "make sure you have set locale".

> occuring only with non-UTF-8 locales should be reported directly to upstream

nit: occuring -> occurring

Paweł Hajdan jr