On Wednesday 31 March 2010 01:28:56 Alec Warner wrote:
> Currently a number of developers have engaged Google Apps Team Edition
> for gentoo.org.  However Team Edition does not come with gmail and a
> subset of Team Edition users would like to host their gentoo.org mail
> on gmail.
> Activating Standard Edition is free and likely requires minimal
> configuration on dev.gentoo.org to setup.  Standard Edition comes with
> Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google Mail, Google Sites, Google Video,
> and probably a bunch of other stuff we could turn on.

i dont really know anything about these Google things you refer to.  could you
provide URLs and/or some summary background ?

personally, i just created a dedicated gmail account and set my dev.g.o
forward to that.  then i fetch the mail from gmail's pop interface.  how do
these offerings provide anything over that sort of setup ?
-mike