On 21 May 2013 13:21, Thomas Sachau <to...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." schrieb:
>> Remember this is supposed to _help_ Gentoo. You can opt out of the bugs
>> (there is a package name and maintainer name regex in the script). You
>> don't need to "hunt them down" - if you do nothing another script will
>> just CC arches after 30 days.
>>
>> Paweł
>>

> Uhm, automagic stabilization without maintainer ok? This sounds like a
> bad idea.
>
> Doing a batch CC-ing after maintainer gave his ok or anything similar,
> which starts, when someone actually aproved the stable going is all ok,
> but doing this automaticly may get packages become stable, which are not
> intended to become so and should have never been there.
>
> --
>
> Thomas Sachau
> Gentoo Linux Developer

If you don't read your bugmail in 30 days then that is a different
problem. I like the way Paweł handles this at the moment. 30 days is
enough time for active maintainers to object. We just can't afford
waiting months for inactive maintainers to act.

--
Regards,
Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer