On Fri, 2 Dec 2022, Tom Gillespie wrote:
For the record I've had sbcl building and running on musl for months
without issue (at one point I even had static linking working). You
have to cross compile a musl version and then side load the binary
instead of using one of the distributed binaries. See
https://github.com/tgbugs/dockerfiles/blob/master/source.org#sbcl-bootstrap
for reference. See also
https://hub.docker.com/r/tgbugs/musl/tags?page=1&name=sbcl.
Yes. Either cross-compiling, or (with some luck) using some other lisp for bootstrap.

Thus I'd very much appreciate if it sbcl were not masked on those profiles.
The sbcl ebuild from the Gentoo tree is useless on musl. And hence it should be masked. Otherwise somebody would think that [s]he can simply emerge sbcl on a musl profile, and will be disappointed.

Andrey