Zitat von Gwendolyn van der Linden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > > Are you using a kernel config that you know should work for your
> > > machine?
> >
> > i did no special kernel settings, just used genkernel with
> > gentoo-sources...
>
> I would double check the resulting kernel .config file (I am
> unfamiliar with genkerner; I assume it generates a kernel config for
> you).  If you run 'make menuconfig' in /usr/src/linux you can look at
> it, and perhaps change it where needed.  Removing support for hardware
> you don't have reduces possible problems with auto-detection.

thanks for your help so far...

i will check the .config file. removing not neccessary hw-support is ok,
but i don't want to remove usb-support, because i may use usb-storage and/or
hid hardware in the future...

maybe it is because i used a "gentoo 1.4_rc4 livecd 3 stages" ? but i don't
think this is the problem...

> > but i am wondering, why is usb-storage and hid hardware
> > detected during
> > booting???
>
> That is puzzling indeed...  Unless it is compiled in (not as a
> module).

i will check if it is compiled in the kernel or as modules, maybe the other
way will help a bit...? (i hope so...)

martin