On Wednesday 11 May 2005 17:11, cfk wrote:
> Gentlemen:
>  I have my stage 3 gentoo system booting after a little resolv.conf issue
> earlier.
>
>  X-Windows is next.
>
>  I tried "emerge kde" and "emerge xorg-x11", but both of them stop fairly
> quickly saying:
>
> "Couldn't download libpng-1.2.8.tar.bz2. Aborting"
>
>  Would anyone be willing to help me through my lack of the portable network
> graphics library on my new gentoo system?
>
> Charles Krinke
 Let me reply to my own message as I think the problem is earlier then emerge.

After finishing the installation, I cannot seem to bring the eth0 interface
get a message of "no such device".

So, I must have foobarred another incantation along the way.

It was working fine in the chroot environment an hour or so ago, so I suspect
something in the last stages of the install.

What are the sort of things I can do to diagnose this sort of problem. Mostly,
I am questing for knowledge right now.

Charles