on 2011-04-03 at 10:47 Neil Bothwick wrote:

>It's been done on a C-64, but I think a 3.5KB box with no mass storage
>might be a little too challenging.

3.5? wow, i always thought that the name meant it had 20K... like the C64
and C128. but no. now, almost 30 years later, i learn that it had 5K, 1.5
of them used by the system (you wouldn't want to leave the system without
ram, would you?)

i never had a vic-20 (my first computer was the atari st-1040 in 1988),
but a friend of mine had one in the early 80's and i always wondered at
all the things you could do with the thing. i couldn't program, so i used
to sit next by him telling him my ideas for a program for algorithmic
composition, that he tried to code.