Bill Longman wrote:

    I had the little cassette thing to store my stuff on.  I think the
    OS in on a ROM which would be hard to get around unless the ROM
    was changed.  Then it may not really be a Vic-20 anymore.  I'm not
    sure about the C64 since I got me a 20Mhz oscilloscope to work on
    TVs and stuff.  I still got the scope tho.

    My biggest use for my old Vic-20 was a alarm clock.  Worked fine
    unless the power went out.  Well, that sounds like todays alarm
    clock.  lol   I guess some things never change.

That's really funny, Dale. That brings back memories (and more than 5K of them!). My dad gave me a VIC-20 when I was in college and I used it for several years. I wrote lots of BASIC apps to ease all the ciphering I had to do for enzyme kinetics, chemistry labs and things like that. I had a cassette tape which was slow but it was a heck of a lot faster than typing in your program every time!

--
Bill Longman

The embarrassing part for me was when we got a Atari. My Dad played missile command and got well over a million points on that thing. He was like a little kid on that thing. Me, I liked the little chicken crossing the road. The cassette tape was nice. I had to walk about 6 miles to buy mine. It was the last one they had too.

I already feel old but I think I'm really getting old now. It is amazing how far computer have come tho. Both in hardware and the OS, well, except for windoze. It hasn't come that far yet. lol

Dale

:-)  :-)