> I had the little cassette thing to store my stuff on.  I think the OS in on
> a ROM which would be hard to get around unless the ROM was changed.  Then it
> may not really be a Vic-20 anymore.  I'm not sure about the C64 since I got
> me a 20Mhz oscilloscope to work on TVs and stuff.  I still got the scope
> tho.
>
> My biggest use for my old Vic-20 was a alarm clock.  Worked fine unless the
> power went out.  Well, that sounds like todays alarm clock.  lol   I guess
> some things never change.

That's really funny, Dale. That brings back memories (and more than 5K of
them!). My dad gave me a VIC-20 when I was in college and I used it for
several years. I wrote lots of BASIC apps to ease all the ciphering I had to
do for enzyme kinetics, chemistry labs and things like that. I had a
cassette tape which was slow but it was a heck of a lot faster than typing
in your program every time!

--
Bill Longman