El 19/01/12 00:55, Chris Walters escribió:
> I am truly surprised that Gentoo, and more GNU/Linux and *BSD sites did not
> join in the 'blackout'.  The only one I saw that did was opensuse.org .
Some of us did support the movement on our ways, for example the Gentoo
Hardened team didn't twit  the main points of today's meeting unlike we
usually do as a way of protest, but of course nobody in the team
complained about that.

The problem is, in order to get something bigger, you'll probably need
to get approval by either the Council or the Board of Trustees, maybe
even from both but, the meetings of these guys have their own dates
(last council meeting was on the 10th and last trustees ones on the
15th) and nobody on the community (this includes you) raised the issue
of blacking out the page.

Of course, anybody from infra could just have gone ahead and done it but
if anybody complained he would have had to respond to the Council for
that so nobody wanted to take the risk.

So what now? Well if you want to see Gentoo opossing SOPA and PIPA
openly you should raise those points to the council and the trustees so
they discuss them on the next meeting.