On 30 January 2012, at 17:41, Grant wrote:
>> Can you rely on Xorg devs to ensure that they are not going to break your
>> multiseat system in the future?
>
> Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know why there would be (much) more
> likelihood of regression with Xorg multiseat than with anything else,
> including LTSP and all of its dependencies.

Because fewer people are testing it.

You can get low-powered Linux systems for $100 or $150 - either a little MIPs
ShivaPlug or (I guess) a secondhand atom nettop (Acer Revo).

If you save 2 hours per machine by using a standard and common thinclient
configuration, then the hardware has paid for itself.

If you have to employ a Linux sys admin to help you fix a complicated problem
with Xorg multiseat, then it will run you at least $100 or $150 for those 2
hours. That's how you should be valuing your own time, too.

Stroller.