On 02/10/12 13:05, Pandu Poluan wrote:

> No, no, no. What I meant was running TCP and UDP *on top of* OpenVPN
> (which uses UDP).
>
> HAproxy seems to be able to perform its magic with TCP connections.

I was about to say that we use it over UDP, but... we don't. We have a
small number of clients, maybe ten(?) that use the VPN for remote
administration.

UDP is recommended, references[1] are easy to google. Why we're running
it over TCP I don't know. I must have had a good reason =)

It performs fine anyway, but now I'm considering flipping it to UDP to
see what happens. At least I'll be in the office when it breaks.

[1] http://sites.inka.de/sites/bigred/devel/tcp-tcp.html