On Friday 19 Dec 2014 15:09:37 Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Friday 19 December 2014 11:18:34 Mick wrote:
> > I run fix_libtool_files.sh after a new gcc
> > is installed, BEFORE I remove the old version.  I made a bit of a habit
> > of this, but I don't know if modern ebuilds of gcc actually run the same
> > script post install.
>
> I've found that emerge -c gcc runs fix_libtool_files.sh automatically. This
> has been true for quite a while now.

Peter, I thought that this was the case, but recently I had to run
fix_libtool_files.sh manually.  I removed the old gcc thinking all is good,
after I had switched to the new gcc with gcc-config, but I ended up with
errors.  I had to reinstall the old gcc, run fix_libtool_files.sh and then
unmerge it again before the errors went away.

--
Regards,
Mick