Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> [14-12-19 17:08]:
> Mick wrote:
> > Meino, to avoid misunderstandings: 1. Emerge the new gcc package. 2.
> > Use gcc-config to change to the new gcc version. 3. Run 'env-update &&
> > source /etc/profile'. 4. Run fix_libtool_files.sh, although I would
> > think that this is redundant these days. 5. Unmerge the old gcc version.
>
> I don't recall ever running fix_libtool_files.sh after switching gcc
> versions.  Usually when I see a gcc upgrade, I emerge it, switch to it
> and the usual profile thing, run emerge -e world JUST to be safe, then
> unmerge the old gcc.  That's all I usually do here.  I have skipped the
> emerge -e world a time or two.
>
> Am I just lucky, not likely as some may know, or does emerge -e world
> catch it or what?  Now I'm curious.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

Hi Dale,

I started compiling the new gcc this morning about ~7:00 AM...just a
few minutes ago stage3 finishes. Now ... before doing anything else...
I am makeing a backup of all that, so...if anything fails...I am able
to reinstall the status quo.

I will keep you informed, what happens to my little embedded system...

Best
Meino