Am 08.08.2015 um 19:05 schrieb walt:
> I just noticed that net-misc/netifrc installs two systemd service files,
> which puzzled me.  Is this in preparation for virtualizing openrc?

This is to provide systemd users with the corresponding service files
like OpenRC users get the necessary init scripts. Both are installed by
netifrc and other packages.

That's why I set:
INSTALL_MASK="/lib/systemd /lib32/systemd /lib64/systemd
/usr/lib/systemd /usr/lib32/systemd /usr/lib64/systemd /etc/systemd"

I don't use systemd, so I don't need and want those files.

That said, I don't mind if systemd users get their service files like
OpenRC users get their init scripts, but I don't let portage install the
systemd related files on my system.

I think this should actually be handled by USE="-systemd", and not by
INSTALL_MASK. On the other hand maybe there should be a USE flag
"openrc" which handles the installation of init scripts and OpenRC
related stuff for people who want to use systemd instead of OpenRC.