waben...@gmail.com wrote:
> Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> waben...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Also IMHO KDE 3.5 was the best (K)DE. :-)
>>>
>>> But I can't envisage that KDE will ever reach that quality again.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>> wabe
>>>

>> You two just said a mouth full and I agree.  That last part of KDE3
>> was some good stuff.  To this day, I still can't get my desktop slide
>> show to *not* be random.  I filed a bug way back when KDE3 forced
>> folks to move to KDE4.  I can see how making it random may require
>> some work but disabling it shouldn't take to much work.  Just beat
>> the random thing until it dies.  lol
>>
>> That's just one thing tho.  KDE3 was much faster in my opinion.
> What I miss most of all is the fantastic konqueror. It was way better
> than any other filemanager that I know. Of course I've tested the KDE4
> konqueror and also dolphin but it was horrible compared to the old
> konqueror. Now I'm using thunar. It's far away from being perfect, but
> it seems to be the lesser of the evils. ;-)
>
> --
> Regards
> wabe

I still use Konqueror but I disabled some USE flags early on since I
didn't want some of the bloat.  I think I had to enable some since they
were no longer a option but sort of forced.  Anyway, this is the USE
flags for mine but since it is a short list, USE flags for other
packages may affect it more.

[ebuild   R    ] kde-apps/konqueror-15.08.3:4/15.08::gentoo
USE="bookmarks handbook svg (-aqua) -debug" 0 KiB

The hard part, getting it to run as root.  KDE doesn't like things
running as root so it took a hammer and some elbow grease.  I use it to
edit config files and it has to run as root to do that.  I generally
have it open only when I am doing a update tho.  Obviously, I never do
internet stuff with it either.  < wags finger >

Dale

:-)  :-)