Kevin Monceaux wrote:
> Shutting down X11 doesn't appear to be equivalent to a reboot on my
> desktop.
> If I shut down X11, my uptime still keeps accumulating.
>
> I'm way overdue for a reboot to switch to a newer kernel.  It's been 83 days
> since my last reboot.  I've built a couple of new kernels that I haven't
> tested yet.

64 days here. I have been creeped out by the sudden change in kernel
announce policy, declaring old versions obsolete, and I'm constantly
seeing complaint threads about recent kernels, so therefore I'm on a
version freeze at 4.6.7 until further notice. =|

--
Strange Game.
The only winning move is not to play.

Powers are not rights.