On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 10:40 AM, Daniel Frey <djqf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/21/2016 10:53 PM, Tom H wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 3:35 PM, Daniel Frey <djqf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> It could be I found a bug. After a reboot it went from the normal
>>> enp0s1 (or whatever) to eno1677789 or something ridiculous. I had
>>> this happen on two different machines.
>>
>> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/commit/6c1e69f9
>
> So it wasn't just me! My memory seems to lose voltage once in a while,
> but I remember wondering what happened to the system I was working on
> remotely after I rebooted, that's why I was sure it happened! ;-)

LOL

I was intrigued by the "non-sensically high onboard indexes" and
Google gave me the following (you're definitely not alone):

http://serverfault.com/questions/636621/why-is-my-eth0-called-eno16777736

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/91085/udev-renaming-my-network-interface

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/153785/what-does-eno-mean-in-network-interface-name-eno16777736-for-centos-7-or-rhel

>From the last link:

The /(0000:1000208:01.0)/ above is the Domain:Bus:Device.Function
address with the bus value, "1000208", being the hexadecimal
representation of 16777736. However, "0x100" (256) Should be the maximum
value that you can have for "Bus."