061219 Mrugesh Karnik wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 December 2006 00:24, Grant wrote:
>> It seems like the best thing for Gentoo is a lot of users.
>> More users must mean more active developers
>> and an increased rate of growth for the software.
> Methinks, Gentoo should stay focused.
> I don't think the goal of Gentoo was to become a Desktop Distro
> for the people migrating from M$ land. I don't care about ease of use.
> I DO want the flexibility and the control.
> Quality matters, not the quantity.

Gentoo is for fairly experienced Linux users who want real control
& are prepared to put a bit of time into maintaining their box(es).
There will always be people who try it & find it too time-consuming
or are simply not experienced enough to handle its challenges.
There is no other distro which offers anything like what Gentoo offers
& until there is, Gentoo will remain alive & fairly healthy.

BTW 'Distrowatch' has its annual review today
with a rather snide report on Gentoo as no longer being fashionable (grin).

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]