2007/10/11, Hans-Werner Hilse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:04:11 +0800
> "Chuanwen Wu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I just setup a gentoo in my dell1400 laptop,and until now,the sound
> > problem is not solved yet.
> >
> > Here is the problem:
> > $ aplay 01.mp3
> > ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:864:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
> > aplay: main:545: audio open error: No such file or directory
>
> This indicates that the dmix module (NOT kernel, but alsa-lib!) might
> be missing.
>
> I ran into some similar problems, I think they modified the way
> alsa-lib is configured and made it more fine-grained. Missing an
> ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS setting in my /etc/make.conf, I had no plugins at all.
>
> So I suggest to check your /etc/make.conf, and if not present and you
> want minimum hassle, append that line to /etc/make.conf:
> ---snip
> ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw copy dshare dsnoop extplug file hooks ladspa
> lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null rate route share shm"
> ---snip
> (works for me)
> then re-emerge alsa-lib.

Thanks for your tips!
I have tried, but the result is all the same.

Here is my ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS: (I have also tried your choose too)
ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty
extplug file hooks
                  iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug
                  rate route share shm softvol"

Here is my in-kernel alsa options:

<M> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
                             │ │
  │ │                             <M>   Sequencer support
                                                               │ │
  │ │                             < >     Sequencer dummy client
                                                               │ │
  │ │                             <M>   OSS Mixer API
                                                               │ │
  │ │                             <M>   OSS PCM (digital audio) API
                                                               │ │
  │ │                             [*]     OSS PCM (digital audio) API
- Include plugin system                                         │ │
  │ │                             [ ]   OSS Sequencer API
                                                               │ │
  │ │                             <M>   RTC Timer support
                                                               │ │
  │ │                             [*]     Use RTC as default sequencer
timer                                                          │ │
  │ │                             [ ]   Dynamic device file minor
numbers                                                             │
│
  │ │                             [*]   Support old ALSA API
                                                               │ │
  │ │                             [*]   Verbose procfs contents

Here is my /etc/modules.d/alsa:
$ cat /etc/modules.d/alsa
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore

alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss
option snd cards_limit=1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
# Set this to the correct number of cards.

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF version 1.0.14 ---
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

I can't find the /dev/dsp :
# ls /dev/dsp
ls: cannot access /dev/dsp: No such file or directory

My os is a 64bit gentoo, so may it be the problem?