Norman Rieß wrote:
> b.n. schrieb:
>> Norman Rieß ha scritto:
>>

>>> I have installed Gentoo in many ways, the old UniversalCD, the LiveCD,
>>> others Distros LiveCD's, from a working Gentooinstallation to a
>>> usb-connected drive which was transferred to boot in a old laptop and so on.
>>> But i still think a Gentoo-Install-CD/DVD is a good thing.
>>>

>> Any practical reason for that?
>>
>> m.
>>
> No, only psychological, political, philosophical ones.
>
> Norman

I agree.  While Gentoo can be installed, fixed or whatever without a
install CD, it is the first thing a person looks for to install from.  I
guess one way to look at it is this, someone looking to install Mandriva
wouldn't be looking for anything else but a Mandriva CD.  It's just
logical to me.  Heck, even though I am on the slowest dial-up I have
even seen, I still keep the latest install CD laying around just in
case.  I also have a old Knoppix tho.   o_O

Maybe things will get back on track soon.

Dale

:-)  :-)