Heiko Nock wrote:
On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 09:46:41PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:

I've just read your outdated page
It is not outdated. Since more than a year, there is no visible development
in cdrkit.

Not visible to you. cdrkit-1.1.8 at http://cdrkit.org/releases/ is
dated 25.05.2008. It would be prudent for them to bring their website
up-to-date, though.

So I asume that they did not add new bugs.

Maybe you should assume less and research more.

<http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html>.  Where you
listed specific bugs, I see they don't affect me (and can't imagine
they'd affect most users).  Most of what you cite as bugs are just
features they haven't implemented yet (and for all I know, they
have since you wrote that page).
This is obviously FUD: Just because you don't already know that you
are affected does not mean that you are not affected.

Of course not. Even the linux-kernel mailing-list hasn't seen your
light, yet.

It would be fun to see you in 5 years after your then current OS
won't read your DVDs anymore because of the bugs in the filesystem
structure.

It would be fun if you would finally stop trolling forums, newsgroups
and mailing-lists and keep your FUD and ego problems to yourself. You
obviously take it as a personal insult that cdrtools was snubbed by
some distributions and that somebody else is working on a replacement.
Your constant ridicule and insults of a project you shouldn't care
about at all is very telling, considering the alleged superiority of
your own project.

Thankfully, the GPL allows forks to eventually get rid of project
leaders like you.

I think it would be in everyone's best interests if we let this thread
die now, I've been reading this thread for the past 2 or 3 days and
frankly, it doesn't seem to be bringing anything of use to the ML.

I don't want to get involved or takes anyone's side, but maybe the more
mature readers can just let it go :) I doubt anyone will miss any
benefit of this thread continuing.

Just want to help keep this list with its feet on the ground :)

--
Matt