On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<SNIP

> I'm not sure if the -N feature will catch those changes or not.  It may
> even depend on the version of portage you are using too.  The newer
> versions of portage has a lot of added features but even it may not
> catch those.  You may try emerge -vNDp world and see if it sees which
> ones needs to be emerged for them to take effect.  That may cure the
> other problems as well.

Tried it by hand - just rebuilding k3b. Didn't solve it.

I'm most interested right now in these missing file/directory
messages. What file or directory might it be looking for?

lightning ~ # locale -a
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_COLLATE to default locale: No such file or directory
POSIX
lightning ~ #

I tried modifying /etc/env.d/02locale and got a change, but only after
restarting X. (Or so I think. I'm getting confused at this point...) I
Added LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE. The LC_COLLATE message went away. The
LC_CTYPE message is unchanged.

lightning ~ # cat /etc/env.d/02locale
LANG=en_US
LC_COLLATE=C
LC_CTYPE=en_US.utf8
lightning ~ # locale -a
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
POSIX
lightning ~ #

I think I may well have some misspelling somewhere.

Thanks,
Mark