Ben Scott wrote:

>  On the third hand: I have been told by real lawyers that if ones
> does not take consistent action to protect a trademark, you loose your
> trademark rights, and it becomes "generic".  That would imply that to
> protect the GNHLUG trademark, we would have to define formal terms for
> its use.  Ugh.  Can of worms again.  :-/

Its not too bad really. I've done it several times. It just takes time
and a bit of money, and a  lawyer's services.

On yet another hand, I've got a at least one 3c501 that's willing
(within limitations) to act as a "fiscal agent" for GNHLUG if the need
ever arises. However, I believe they would want to set things up in
advance if this avenue were desirable.

--Bruce