Ben Scott wrote:
> On 8/23/07, Ed lawson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> First, the absolute easiest way to do this is to become an
>> affiliate of Carol's organization.
>>

>   Bruce, can you ask Carol about this (I don't think she reads this list)?

I think "ignores" is more applicable than "reads".

I asked her, and she said "OK". (I suspect more of a response should be
expected when someone actually gets around to formalizing an Agreement
with her/LNF).

>> Also, it would a very good thing to have someone whose day job is
>> dealing with taxes to give a second look at this.
>>

>   I've got a friend who does tax accounting on the side; I'll ask her
> what she knows about non-profit taxes.

Speaking from experience, you should pay someone who really knows about
non-profits (tax-wise and operation-wise) to set up the books at first.
Then you can go to someone cheaper.

--Bruce