Hi Jeff,

> http://www.maxdesign.com.au/jobs/318-mail-archive/38.htm

Generally, I like it.  The "18-01-2012, 10:51PM -0800" date is
re-formatted compared to the original email so I'd like some say over
how it's displayed to me, e.g. preferences in a cookie, or else a better
default;  "2012-01-18 22:51:42 -0800"  ;-).

How do I get to view the original email that arrived, headers, warts,
and all?

I'd probably prefer the thread display at the bottom to be author first,
then subject.  Both can use CSS to cut off their text at the edge of
their box, then fixed-width isn't required?  Also, there doesn't seem
much point making the author italic as its position in a column shows
it's distinct from the surroundings?

The Previous and Next buttons at the end are handy, though I'm not sure
they need to say "message" too.  But the pair are also required at the
top of the page, though they could be more terse and smaller.  What's
important is that their position is fixed from page to page.  This
allows the mouse to stay in the same place and the user to click through
whilst seeing just the first page of each email.  Access keys should
also be defined to do similar.

Cheers, Ralph.