Hi Jeff, *,

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Ralph Corderoy <ra...@inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

>> http://www.maxdesign.com.au/jobs/318-mail-archive/38.htm

Not much of a friend of displaying the ads within the message as if
the poster had added the image (but that's not different compared to
as it is now).

Like the removal of deadspace at the top (less scrolling), but dislike
the removal of the navigation from the top.

> Generally, I like it.  The "18-01-2012, 10:51PM -0800" date is
> re-formatted compared to the original email so I'd like some say over
> how it's displayed to me, e.g. preferences in a cookie, or else a better
> default;  "2012-01-18 22:51:42 -0800"  ;-).

Yea, ISO-Format please :-)

> How do I get to view the original email that arrived, headers, warts,
> and all?

That isn't possible in the current design either, you see a the
message-id in the source-code view though.

> I'd probably prefer the thread display at the bottom to be author first,
> then subject.  Both can use CSS to cut off their text at the edge of
> their box, then fixed-width isn't required?

I prefer Subject, then Author, but I'd prefer if it wasn't truncated
that much. Navigation/thread list should span across the whole browser
window if possible.

> The Previous and Next buttons at the end are handy, though I'm not sure
> they need to say "message" too.  But the pair are also required at the
> top of the page, though they could be more terse and smaller.

or plain links, no need for buttons at the top.

>  What's
> important is that their position is fixed from page to page.  This
> allows the mouse to stay in the same place and the user to click through
> whilst seeing just the first page of each email.

Yes, that's mainly why I dislike the removal of the buttons at the top.

> Access keys should
> also be defined to do similar.

And that would be really nice. (but they should also be advertized,
maybe using a link/icon next to the navigation buttons.

ciao
Christian