--- "K.S. Bhaskar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [KSB] Yes, GT.M for x86 GNU/Linux has been reported to run
> successfully
> on FreeBSD using the compatibility library.

Does anyone have instructions for compiling GT.M on FreeBSD. I remember
Dave Whitten and I tried this once before, but it wasn't even clear how
to compile on Linux is a previous version wasn't in place.

Darwin implements FreeBSD on top of the Mach-O microkernel (and yes, I
recall a thread -- no pun intended -- in which someone said it's not a
true microkernel in the sense of the original Mach). There are also
core services which, I believe do not rely on the FreeBSD subsystem,
but in principle, at least, FreeBSD applications ought to compile under
OS X.

And before anyone asks: No, I'm afraid that I don't really have time to
try and port GT.M to OS X. I may have a go at Caché, but I've really
got my hands full right now.

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Judge a man by his questions not his answers."
--Voltaire