Tested this on an empty server and I didn't see any difference bettwen 300 and
333, same CPU usage being reported by htop (~8%, but I was expecting 0-1%).

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Marco Padovan
  Sent: 08/07/11 08:00 PM
  To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
  Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] fps_max 333 = high cpu usage

What's currently the default fps_max value if not forced via command line?

66.67?

btw I was just reporting a problem that happens only when using specific
frame rates (333=bad, 300=ok, 500=ok) that COULD lead to similar
problems if the bug is ported also to the other "base" rate (66.66)...

I do not care if 66 is the best or of 300 is the worst... I'm just
reporting what I think could be something wrong...

Nobody confirm the problem?

It appear to be identical to the one that happened a few weeks ago with
the FPS limiter (in the case the problem was present on many more fps
values)...