On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:

> >As of now there are two immediate bugs
> >1) Fixing head_before_get to be default true and override (to false)
> >    during a '-i' reindex
> >2) Fixing allow_numbers bug
>
> 3) Fixing the 'Accept-Encoding' bug of the HTTP 1/1 protocol (see bug
> #594790). My solution, waiting to correctly handle gzipped contents (if you
> think it is reasonable doing it now, I could think about that) is just to
> send an empty 'Accept-Encoding' header, which lets the server know that our
> user agent is only able to manage document with the 'identity' encoding.
> Otherwise - the actual case - if no header is sent, the server assumes we
> can handle every kind of encoding.

I'll leave this up to you.  Does your fix solve the problem completely?

Let's all evaluate bugs at this stage according to:

1) Is your potential code fix large?
2) Can it be fixed in a timely manner?
3) Is is important enough to delay 3.2?
4) Does the bug affect enough users to be important in the short-term?

Thanks.

Neal Richter
Knowledgebase Developer
RightNow Technologies, Inc.