> first, thanks anupam for sharing your insights.

sigh! so irrespective of what india-based or india-hosted radiostations
perceive, the legal threat is real.

Here's an interesting link on the subject:

> http://blog.wired.com/music/2007/07/breaking-news-o.html
>
> Looks like there maybe a change in plans.
>
> Cheers...Kishore

thanks kishore for the link.
this is nothing to get elated about.
this is a classic 'hail mary' dodge.
you think you've just scraped through and then the real whammer hits you at
little later.

peace has not broken out.
they're just re-negotiating.

i just hope ankur lugs his internetradio along. i'll help him carry it from
the car to the venue, assist in tuning it in, so we can all listen to and
enjoy some netradio as background music for our meeting.

i happily foresee the possibility of knob-control mania:
pankaj kaushal will douse everyone with heavymetal or grunge,
surpreet sethi will step in to tune-in to abida parvin,
kishore will bully his way to listen to some blues,
raj will want everyone to appreciate his refined tastes in 70s rock,
vivek khurana will want to let-go into classical dhrupad,
sudev will move to some loud bhangra,
and that's when ankur will yank his radio away and revv back to the sanctity
of his home.

let the music begin.

:-)
niyam