Hi Danack,

> On 2 Feb 2015, at 22:50, Dan Ackroyd <dan...@basereality.com> wrote:
>
> On 2 February 2015 at 19:11, Anatol Belski <anatol....@belski.net> wrote:
>> The voting ends on 2015-02-09 at 21:00 CET.
>
> This is a ridiculously short voting period for a major decision.
> Although the minimum voting time for an RFC is one week, that should
> only be used in extremis.

I wouldn’t say one week is “in extremis” - it’s reasonable for small,
self-contained, BC break-less new features. Although at least 10 days is
usually better.

That being said, I agree. This kind of thing shouldn’t be taken lightly, and
this RFC should have a longer voting period.

> The people affected by this decision are not likely to read PHP
> internals every day or even every week.

Yeah, I agree here. The fact there’s not been much discussion attests to that.

+1

--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/