Noel,

Yeah thats exactly the kind of thing, now I think of it.

d.

> I would check MIME type, file extension, and most importantly the
> magic, to
> make sure that they all match.  Any failure to match would be suspect,
> regardless of what the A/V program says.  I think you misunderstood my
> earlier point.

In truth I must have done, I *still* wouldn't like to trust that those things weren't
being hijacked though, even the magic.

Or I should say that I might take that decision/risk for myself but wouldn't want to
release software that contained the assumtion, particularly not anti-virus software.

d.