On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 12:23:02 Godmar Back wrote:

> In the case of JVMs, the difference between LGPL and GPL comes in when you
> look at embedding the VM itself as a library in a proprietary product.  This
> is possible with Japhar, but not with Kaffe.

This sounds reasonable.  I am curious about one thing, though.  Wouldn't it
make more sense if the AWT and Java emulation classes of Kaffe were put under
the LGPL so that other LGPL projects could use them?

Jesse D. Sightler
http://www3.pair.com/jsight/

"An honest answer can get you into a lot of trouble."
         - Anonymous