From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Mike O'Brien
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2017 1:59 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] starting jaws manually

Hi

As was stated below, you can control whether JAWS starts automatically with the
JAWS Startup wizard or in the JAWS basic settings.  Control+alt+j is probably
the most used hotkey for starting JAWS.  But a hot key is always assigned to a
version of JAWS while it is installed.  So assuming you're going to install
JAWS 18 now, next fall will bring JAWS 19.  So to again use
control+alt+J with JAWS19 to start JAWS, you have to manually change the
control+alt+hot
key or delete the hotkey or uninstall JAWS 18.

Rather than assigning hot keys to start JAWS, I prefer using the run dialog to
start JAWS manually.  To use the run dialog, press Windows key+r and when the
run dialog appears type jaws18  or jaws19 etc. and press enter.